Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Rite of Passage

It's that time.

I'm having my first colonoscopy tomorrow. Don't expect me to post a video. And don't expect pictures either.

Ricky let his pictures go to Wiley's science class a couple of years ago for "show and tell." I'm usually the one too frank, but Ricky tops me on this one.

But really, it's not as bad as I thought it would be (so far.) Today is liquids only. Since I don't eat breakfast and often forget lunch, that hasn't been too difficult. And there is a silver lining - one of the allowable drinks is soda, so I'm on my second guilt-free Route 44 Coke from Sonic. Woot!

Yeah, the stuff I had to drink tonight to start the process is rather distasteful. And I have to do it again tomorrow at the crack of dawn. I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

But more silver linings.......I get a nice anesthesia aided nap tomorrow afternoon and (drum roll, please) I definitely should "make my weight" at Weight Watcher's this month.

Double Woot!

No comments: